Thursday, August 4, 2011

Living Sensibly

What does living sensibly mean? I imagine if I ask 10 people that same question, I would get 10 different results. To me, living sensibly means that I try to have a balanced life and balance within all the different aspects of that life. Financial, social, career, spiritual, and family.

For example, financially I strongly believe in living below my means. I completely understand why so many people can't do that. There is too much temptation and "keeping up with the Jones" attitude in the world. But I learned at a young age to spend less than what I make. It's the most simple philisophy you can have for financial success, but it ALWAYS works. Don't spend more than you earn, don't spend more than you have, DON'T buy things if you can't pay cash.

This blog will be a very random collection of my thoughts. At the ripe old age of 26 (dangerously close to 27) I believe I have great experiences, but also have some of the most exciting and interesting experiences still ahead of me. I'm married with no kids, I am self employed, I have a HUGE family, and currently my younger brother lives with my wife and I (Yikes!).

That's my introduction- short and sweet. This blogging thing might just catch on with me, but I wouldn't place any bets just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment