Monday, October 31, 2011

Pigeon Forge in the Fall

We headed to a beautiful cabin in Pigeon Forge this weekend with about half the team members from our company.  A client owns an 8 bedroom cabin and we volunteered to do some work in exchange for a weekend at his place.  It was a great opportunity to show our appreciation for the team, as we just completed a major project and everyone was feeling a little worn out.  Although, with all the partying I saw, I'm not sure anyone will be very rested after the trip!  But I'm confident everyone had fun.

My wife and I tried very hard to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves, but we also took time for ourselves and made sure to enjoy the opportunity.  We made a family dish called chicken roll ups for eveyone on Friday night.  They were delicious!

Saturday we hiked to Grotto Falls.  We chose an easy hike, as I am still recovering from recosntructive ACL surgery.  It was about 3 miles roundtrip but had more elevation change than we thought.  Plus it was muddy so the steep parts of the trail were pretty slick.  We barely made it without spilling and covering our clothes in mud!



We knew it would be cold but I had gambled we wouldn't see snow.  I was wrong.  No wonder I got some crazy looks from people, I was wearing shorts.

We also spent time at the outlet stores.  Surprisingly, we made a few purchases for me but none for my wife.  I was in desperate need of some new items but we just couldn't find any good deals for her.

One of the highlights of trip was the view from the balcony of the cabin.  I neglected to take a picture, but it was the perfect time of year with all the leaves changing colors and clear skies for miles.

A great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment