Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby on the Way

So our house is slowly starting to fill up with baby items. Our little girl isn't due until March and we've done well not to go crazy. But as we find deals owe take advantage of them. Plus, friends have started to give us items as well so those are adding up.

I accidentally started listening to a podcast about parenting.  I was actually searching for business podcasts and came across one with Andy Andrews. I wasn't familiar with him at all, but it had good reviews and I decide to try it out. I enjoyed it right away but it seemed to talk most about his kids and parenting.  After learning more about Andy Andrews, his lessons seem to revolve around his kids and parenting, and those lessons translate to business and life as well.

Either way, I really enjoy the podcast and the parenting information is great. He has mostly talked about how he interacts with his kids and lessons. He has written several books and just released a new one.  In interviews and on the podcast he has been talking about how everyone wants to raise good kids. And he makes the point that we aren't trying to raise good kids, we are trying to raise good adults.  Meaning what matters the most is who our children grow up to be, not just how they act as children.  The difference is teaching kids how to think rather than what to think.

I would imagine without my little girl coming in March, I might not appreciate the information as much. But at this point in my life, I am getting a lot out of the podcasts. I know raising a little girl is going to be quite a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment