Thursday, February 9, 2012

Step by step instructions for long term marital bliss

My poor wife.  She must be telling her co-workers how  much I dislike Valentine's Day.

Received from her boss-

Dawn’s favorite flowers are tulips.

Buy her some.

Give them to her.

Purchase a Valentine’s Day card.

Sign your name to it.

Give it to her with the tulips.

Repeat annually.

She claims she had nothing to do with it.  Despite the email, I won't be getting her flowers.  I think flowers are a huge waste of money.  They die.  Last year I completely surprised my wife by sending her flowers for the first time ever.  It wasn't worth it.

I'll consider doing something for her on this made up holiday.  But it wouldn't be wise for her to get her hopes up.  It's not that I don't love her or appreciate her.  I just don't think Valentine's Day means anything.  We are going out for a nice dinner this weekend, technically in celebration.  We'll see if anything other than that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment