Friday, February 3, 2012

Mastermind Group

I was recently invited to attend a Mastermind Group held by a few people I know.  I believe they have been meeting for about a year but I'm not 100% sure about that.  A mastermind group is a collection of people that get together and spend time focusing on one individual at a time, helping them to sort through questions, issues, problems, etc that they might have.  Most mastermind groups I am aware of are business related, although there often aren't any boundaries.

Now the first rule they told me about mastermind group was "what happens at mastermind group, stays at mastermind group."  So they respect each others privacy and don't repeat what they share with each other. So I obviously am not going to discuss what was actually talked about in the group.  I have not participated in a formal group like this before and it was very interesting to me.  I enjoyed the openness from each of the individuals and everyone genuinely wanted to help the other people in the group.

I feel like I was able to contribute to the group, even though I was a guest.  And we did spend some time talking about my business, which allowed me to leave with some valuable insight for myself.

If you aren't familiar with the concept you should do some research about mastermind groups and how they work.  The structure, size, meeting time, meeting length, etc is all flexible and determined by the members, so you can make it work.  I will definitely be participating in some type of mastermind group in some way.  I firmly believe you should surround yourself with successful people, because your friends are often times a reflection of yourself.

Quit being lazy, just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment