Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ACL Surgery

I've mentioned already that I tore my ACL.  It happened months ago at this point.  Right in the middle of a soccer season and during the last available months to boating season.  It really put a damper on my weekly activities.  I never realized how important a stable knee was until I didn't have one anymore.

This is my knee right after surgery.



Here is a picture of my knee a couple of weeks after surgery.  They removed the stitches right after I took this picture. The angle is a little weird but look at the difference between my two legs.  The one that has been sliced open was so much larger!

Photo

I need to take another now but it has been 6 weeks since surgery.  I have no limp.  I have great range of motion. And my PT gave me a 5 out of 5 for strength.  I still have a long way to go before I can start running, skiing, playing soccer, and all that good stuff.  But I believe I am past the worst part of the recovery.  Now I have to make sure I continue to do PT and work out.  I'm still hopeful all will be well for skiing next season.  I intend to hone my slalom skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment