Monday, November 21, 2011

Zipline Time

My parents so kindly gave me a birthday gift- tickets for my wife and I to go ziplining!!!  We had done this before while on a trip in Mexico, so both of us were pretty excited about it.  With my knee injury and going into winter we didn't know if there would be a good opportunity to use it.  But this weekend the temperatures were in the mid to high 60's and we headed out to Adventureworks!

Two friends decided to join us and we had a great time.  Advetureworks has apparently been around for a while in TN and has mainly done team building and leadership activities.  They have low ropes courses, high ropes courses, and other team building activities.  They have also added a course of 9 zip lines and we went on one twice, so it was a total of 10 zips!

Highlights-

After two short 'warm up' ziplines we moved on to some really good zips.  I think the 4th or 5th was a good distance but also had a max height of 85 feet in the middle.  You are just wearing a harness and clip onto the zipline with one rope.  It feels amazing to soar throught the sky!

One of the ziplines was actually two side by side, so you could race or battle another person.  Happy to say I won my race/battle.  Yes, you are close enough to hit and kick each other the entire time. Yes, we did hit and kick each other the entire time.

One zipline allowed me to get pushed off the platform backwards.  The rope attaching you is long enough that this was a scary/fun experience.  I'm sure bungee jumping or skydiving is much better though.

The longest zip was 450 ft and we supposedly got up to 40 miles per hour.  Awesome!!

The only negative was that my wife rolled her ankle about halfway threw while walking on the trails in between.  She had to sit down for a minute but was able to finish and enjoy the last few ziplines.

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better day to go.   Thanks to my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment