Monday, November 28, 2011

Fondue Fun

My idea was simple.  I had a college friend coming into town with his wife and I thought it would be fun to have fondue.  My sister serves my family fondue a few times a year.  It is normally around 8 people when she does it.  So I figured we could invite a few other couples over as well.  We would all enjoy a fun evening of fondue.

I chose the day after Thanksgiving.  All of us married couples without kids need things to do because we aren't stuck at home with kids.  Well, then old friends started calling.  Everyone was coming back to Nashville for Thanksgiving and we all wanted to get together.  Well a bunch of people were already coming to our house and word spread.

Basically we ended up with 16 people at our house Friday night.  It turned out great.  We still served cheese fondue with all kinds of items to dip.  Bread, apples, chips, etc.  And we had chicken marsala served with salad made by my beautiful wife.  But dessert was the highlight.  In full fondue fashion, we served a fondue pot of milk chocolate and another of dark chocolate.  We had a ridiculous amount of items to dip in the chocolate, rice krispy treats, pound cake, cheesecake, apples, pineapple, bananas, marshmallows, etc.

It really was a great night and I was happy we could host everyone at our house.  It's always fun to get friends together and enjoy good food!

Thanks to everyone that made it out!  It was the start to what will be a busy, party-filled December.  I believe we have a party or holiday event every weekend for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment