Monday, November 7, 2011

Beautiful Fall Weekend

Friday-  Stayed in after what seemed like so many busy weekends these past few weeks.  The wife and I decided to rent a movie relax at home. The rental selection didn't seem very good but we settled on Bridesmaids.  I wasn't exactly thrilled but I had heard it was really funny.  I don't know where I heard it.  In fact, it might have just been great marketing and advertising for the movie.  Because it wasn't funny.  There were possibly 4 humorous parts to the movie.  Maybe it is one of those that you have to watch a few times before you really enjoy.  Either way, I won't be making it past the first viewing.  But it was a great evening without stress!



Saturday turned out to be just a fantastic day.  We kicked it off with a trip to the Y and got in some good exercise.  It was the first time since surgery that I really broke a sweat and felt like I had burned some calories.  It felt good to be productive and since we hadn't partied the night before we got out early.

Most of the rest of the day was spent with some friends at their BBQ.  It was great!  He has become quite the talented Boston Butt cook.  I think this was the 3rd or 4th time we have sampled his homemade BBQ and it was by far the best attempt yet.  It was cooked perfectly with lots of flavor and juices.  Add to that perfect fall weather, some horse racing, a few rounds of cornhole (I love that game), and the LSU v. Alabama game and you couldn't ask for too much more.

Sunday weather turned out just as nice as Saturday.  We headed off in the middle of the day for the wife's soccer game.  It was the start of the tournament and when you lose your season is over.  This was extremely difficult for me because I would be playing if I didn't have a hurt knee.  Turns out, most of the team has been injured this season and there were barely enough players to even play the game.  And that included 2 subs that are only for emergencies!  Needless to say, the season ended on Sunday with just one game.  It was exciting to see everyone fight to the very end and make the game as respectable as possible.  Despite an enormous lead the other team did not let up at all and we were still able to hold off more goals and score a few more to make it closer.

Overall it was just one of those really good fall weekends in TN.  I know they are going to sneak out of here pretty quick and cold, bitter weather (for TN anyways) will start to move in before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment