Monday, January 30, 2012

Korean Barbecue

Growing up I was an extremely picky eater.  Over the years I have completely changed and love so many different food items and types of food.  But I have never been particularly interested in Korean food.  So when I group of people decided that was what we should eat this weekend, I was a little hesitant.

I searched the internet and tried to find an item that I might be interested in.  Turns out, they have Korean barbecue.  The meat is served raw and you cook it at the table over coals.  I'm typically against cooking my own food but this was a fun experience.  We went with the marinated beef and I must say it was delicious.  The flavor was very good and even though the meat didn't look especially high quality it was very tender.

They also served the barbecue with 7 different sides.  Some I liked.  Some I didn't care for.  But it was an interesting experience and I would definitely recommend the barbecue to anyone else looking for something new to try.

One member of our party has developed a taste for foreign food and ordered a soup that is typically reserved for Koreans.  The server immediately questioned his decision to order it and commented that its not for Americans!!  Priceless.  But he did order it and he did enjoy it.  I even tried a bite which included some type of intestine. A little chewy if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment