Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 4 - Positive Thoughts

Yesterday I invested time going door to door with a sales rep in our company.  I had only been out for about 45 minutes with him and needed to find more time.  Fortunately, I got out and spent over 2 hours working closely with him.

Door to door sales are a very powerful way to generate business and create opportunity for yourself.  I believe it is a skill any salesperson should develop.  And if they do, they will be successful at any type of selling.  So it is exciting for me to have a sales rep that is willing to get out and put in the hard work that door to door takes.  If a person is willing to try, I am willing to train them.

With a great attitude you can enjoy yourself and it doesn't have to be as difficult as people might think.  I am always reminded how much experience I have when I am training a new sales rep.  It takes me back to my first summer and the tough experience I had as a 19 year old kid.  I say kid because I was so immature (I of course had no idea at the time).  I developed myself in so many ways that first summer of selling and I believe it drastically changed the course of my life.  It instilled in me and independence and ability to manage myself that some people never develop their entire lives.

So I am thankful for my past experience.  I am thankful for the young college students I have worked with in the past, hopefully because I have helped them develop in the same ways.  And I am thankful for the opportunity to continue giving the experience to others, no matter their age or experience.  I believe I will have a positive affect on many more lives thanks to my summers selling door to door.

No comments:

Post a Comment