Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 6 - Positive Thoughts

I took a personality profile test for the first time last year.  It was interesting because it gives you a Natural style, the way you are when you aren't under pressure, and an Adaptive Style, they way you are under pressure or at work.  My natural and adaptive were extremely different.

At work I am a 'C'.  This means I like to get all the details and go out of my way to try and make sure things get done correctly.  I don't jump to decisions quickly and I like to analyze my options.  At home I am an 'I'.  This means I am very social and don't care about the details much.  I like to have fun and enjoy myself.

I have this ability to treat my work life and my home life separately.  I'm sure my wife would argue a little bit, as I trust her and sometimes bring my work home to her.  But I noticed this weekend my friends asking about my work.  And I gave a two sentence answer.  I didn't think anything about it but as I think about it, it is a perfect example of my adaptive I personality when I am being natural.  I didn't want to talk about work or even think about work!  I just wanted to have fun.

So why is this a positive thought?  I was just thinking that an I personality would be even more social than I am.  That I would know hundreds and hundreds of people (I do know them) but I really don't want to.  I value true friendship.  I value people that I trust, people that I believe have integrity.  I am fortunate to have several good friends that I have known since middle school.  I have several more I have known since high school.  And of course good friends from college.  I definitely focus on quality over quantity when it comes to friends.  And I have great friends.  So that is the positive thought in this post.  My friends are awesome and I am happy that I can say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment