Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 9 - Positive Thoughts

I have run 10 miles in 3 days.

Day 1 - 4 miles
Day 2 - 3 miles
Day 3 - 3 miles

My goal is to complete 18 miles before the end of a 7 day period.  Then I just might do it again.  I weighed in at 175 this morning, which is my goal weight.  Now that fluctuates and I'm sure I am lowest in the morning.  But that is when I weigh myself every day, so at least I am consistent.

What's positive about this?  Being intentional.  I've been trying to convince myself to run 18 miles in 7 days for a couple of weeks.  In fact, I have probably come close just through normal activity.  But I had a great run on Saturday and just told me myself to keep on going.  Now I'm over half way there and I'm excited to complete my goal.

I'm still working up to 10K or half marathon level (I'm not convinced I really want to).  The reason I keep doing this is to be healthy.  One indicator of my health is my weight, so I can easily keep an eye on that.  the other indicator would be the spare time around my waist.  Some people would say I don't have one, they would be lying.  I have a layer of fat around my waist and I'm going to minimize it as much possible.

So for now this is a good week.  I'll make sure to get 3 miles in today.  If I'm lucky, maybe I can go a little longer.  Nobody said I can't exceed my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment