Monday, December 12, 2011

Asian Karaoke

I'm not the biggest karaoke fan.  I'm not a singer.  In fact, I got kicked out of the chorus in 4th grade because I'm pretty much tone deaf.  I don't know if that is official but I'm pretty sure it is (and everyone agrees).  So I do enjoy a night out to karaoke but only to see other people impress or embarass.

Well, I was treated to Asian Karaoke thanks to some friends in Atlanta that insisted on going.  Basically, you and your friends rent your own karaoke room and have the karaoke machine all to your self, rather than taking turns with a bunch of strangers.  This encouraged a lot of dancing and allowed for a much more entertaining experience!

Everyone (that wants to) gets to sing a lot more and your friends can just jump on stage and join you whever they want to.  It was really fun and I could possibly see myself even joining in the singing next time.

As a side note, our friends had also told us about a great furniture store near them.  They said the furniture was real wood, quality pieces similar to Pottery Barn pieces but at amazing prices.  I am extremely cheap and think furniture is overpriced, so I was very excited to find they were right.  We ended up driving back from Atlanta with a new coffee table in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment