Thursday, December 15, 2011

Does it make a difference?

As the talk of the presidential campaign continues to increase, I find myself asking if any of it really makes a difference.  It seems like our government has become so large that our votes don't seem to really matter.  I really don't consider myself very involved politically, but I have always exercised my right to vote.  But at the end of the day politicians are politicians.  They are a certain breed.  One of two people will win the next presidency, either the Democratic Nominee or the Republican Nominee.  If you are not the chosen one for either of these parties you have no chance at running our country.

Well, the only way to become one of those two nominees is to be a part of the big, bad machine that I believe needs changed.  What we need is fresh blood and new ideas.  Our government serves a great purpose.  We all need roads to drive on.  We need an education system.  We need a military that can protect us from those that want to harm us.  I don't believe in NO government, I believe in SMALL government.  I think it is outrageous how large and burdensome the government has become to the people.  Forget about they wealthy paying more or less taxes.  We should all work hard.  We should all pay in some way to benefit from our government.  But we should have to support waste, or support those that choose not to work.

At this point, I don't get too worked up about all of these feelings.  Maybe that is the wrong attitude.  But I'm so busy trying to make a life for myself and actually live, I don't have time to get involved with government.  My hope is that my vote (which I will always continue to exercise that right) will make a difference.  Even if it seems like it doesn't, we all need to do it.  Perhaps those of us that work hard will eventually outnumber those that want to live off of us and be able to turn the country around.

Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment