Monday, March 19, 2012

Close Call

This morning I was driving into the office and before I had even gotten 2 miles from my house, I saw a car speeding towards my side of the road.  It wasn't too close but I slowed down just to be sure.  The car was driving too fast the residential road we were on and was actually turning left into an apt complex, that is why he was cutting onto my side of the road.

But he was actually driving too fast and missed his turn.  I saw his car slam into a small concrete divider and jump into the grass.  I stopped and just before I got out of the car he started revving his engine and spinning his tires.  My immediate assumption was that he was drunk so I moved my car down the road about 30 yards. I didn't want him doing something stupid and hitting my car.  I watched to see if he would need help but he managed to back his car up, swing it around quickly, and make it into the apt complex.

I hope he didn't hit anyone or anything else but it looked like he was parking just a few spots down.  I didn't think there was anything else I could do so I left.  I'm just glad I wasn't 1/4 mile farther down the street when this guy decided to turn left and get into an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment