Thursday, March 1, 2012

Management Challenges

I wrote recently about tackling some problems within our company.  The meeting went extremely well and we have seen a positive response from everyone.......except one person.

Ever since the meeting, this one team member has been a struggle to work with.  There have been problems in the past, so it isn't all new.  But any past problem seems to be amplified and it has been really testing my patience. I am extremely patient and normally things don't bother me, but this person is getting under my skin with almost every interaction I have.

I am now racking my brain to figure out the best way to deal with the situation.  I am currently in the stage of gathering information but within the next week we have to take action.

Management is no easy task and I actually enjoy these challenges.  But at some point, the same challenge over and over really wears you down and even the most positive person starts to think there is only one option to really handle the situation.  Hopefully we can come up with a few more ideas and figure out a way to handle this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment